Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
A Mexican twist on a classic shrimp cocktail.
This recipe contains shrimp, garlic (fresh), onions (red), cilantro (fresh), juice (tomato & clam), ketchup, limes, hot sauce, horseradish, avocados, salt (kosher)
Prep time: 1 hr +
- 2 lb. shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 tbsp. garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) low salt tomato and clam juice cocktail
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) prepared horseradish
- 1 whole large avocado, cubed
- 1 ds. kosher salt
- 1. Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and season with salt.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Serve in one large bowl or ladle into individual bowls.
- 3. Garnish with slices of avocado, if you'd like.