One Pan Mexican Quinoa and Chicken
Chicken and quinoa seasoned together in one pan makes an easy and tasty dinner idea.
This recipe contains olive oil, garlic (fresh), peppers (jalapeno), quinoa, vegetable stock, beans (black, canned), tomatoes (diced, fire roasted), corn (frozen), chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, chicken (rotisserie), avocados, limes, cilantro (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 1 cup(s) vegetable stock
- 1 can(s) 15oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can(s) 14.5oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 ds. kosher salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 2 cup(s) rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 whole avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- 2. Add in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cover.
- 3. Reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in chicken, avocado, lime juice and cilantro and serve.