Black Bean Soup
Black Bean Soup (vegetarian) - pureed and topped with scallions and avocado.
This recipe contains beans (black, canned), vegetable broth, salsa, scallions, cumin (ground), avocados, salt, black pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 can(s) 15oz. black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 cup(s) salsa
- 2 tbsp. scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 whole avocado, for topping
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. In food processor or blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth.
- 2. Heat the bean mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Ladle soup into 4 cowls and top each bowl with a fourth of the chopped green onion and avocado.