Dijon Glazed Chicken Breasts
Dijon Glazed Chicken Breasts with zucchini.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), salt (kosher), pepper, chicken breasts (boneless skinless), olive oil (extra virgin), chicken stock (low sodium), zucchini, mustard (dijon), parsley (italian)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 - 3 ds. freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (8 oz. each), sliced in half width wise making 4 (4 oz. pieces)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 whole zucchini (about 6 ounces each), cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) italian parsley, chopped finely
- 1. Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a large shallow bowl. Lightly coat each chicken breast and set aside. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large, wide skillet. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until brown, turning once.
- 2. Pour stock over chicken and arrange zucchini slices around the chicken so that they are covered by the stock. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until chicken and zucchini are cooked through. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and zucchini and place on a serving platter.
- 3. Add Dijon mustard to remaining stock in the pan and whisk to incorporate. Increase heat to high and cook for a few minutes, or until sauce has thickened and barely coats the bottom of pan. Pour sauce over chicken and zucchini. Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top.