Arugula with Pomegranates, Blue Cheese and Pistachios
A simple yet elegant salad, easy enough to enjoy as a quick lunch or extravagant enough to make it to your holiday table. Each bite you take will give you a burst of flavor from the pomegranate arils.
This recipe contains arugula, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese, pistachios, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil (extra virgin), salt, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
- 4 cup(s) arugula
- 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate arils
- 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp. pistachios, shelled
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tsp. pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ds. salt, to taste
- 1 ds. pepper, to taste
- 1. Start with the dressing, the longer it marinates the better the flavor. Add all the ingredients in a clean jar or medium bowl. Add the top to the jar and shake well, until everything is incorporated. Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve, allow to marinate for one hour, to overnight.
- 2. Cut the tortilla into thin strips, place in a bowl and toss with olive oil, orange juice and spices. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes until crispy. If you have a toaster oven (I do and love it for little projects like this) toast on medium, spin the tray and toast once more on medium, watch the strips as all toaster ovens vary.
- 3. In a large bowl combine the lettuce, spinach, corn, onion, beans, bell pepper, cilantro and half of the cheese. Drizzle the salad dressing over the Mexican Caesar Salad and toss together. Divide onto two plates, top with tortilla strips and remaining cheese and serve.