Steamed Lobster Tails
Savory lobster tails with butter and lemons
This recipe contains lobster tail, salt, butter, lemons
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 - 6 whole lobster tails
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
- 2 whole lemon, cut into wedges
- 1. Make sure lobster tails are thawed completely. Carefully insert kitchen shears between the shell and the meat and cut towards the tail along the top of the shell. Leave the fan tail attached and intact. Gently rinse the lobster tail under water and pat dry.
- 2. Bring a tall stockpot filled with water to a rapid boil then add in salt. Drop in lobster tails (up to four at a time) and cook until the meat is firm and shells are bright red (about a minute per ounce per tail). Remove from pot and place on cutting board.
- 3. To remove meat, cut the underneath side of the shell with shears once cooled enough to handle. Using a small fork pry the meat carefully from the top and bottom of each side of the shell.
- 4. Serve with warmed butter and fresh lemon slices and that’s it!