Lemon Butter Scallops with Spinach
Sea scallops seasoned with just a bit of butter and lemon juice.
This recipe contains olive oil, salt, pepper, scallops, lemons, spinach (baby), garlic (fresh), butter
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 ds. salt
- 1 ds. pepper
- 1 lb. jumbo sea scallops, patted dry
- 1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 pkg(s) 11oz. baby spinach
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1. Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Make sure scallops are patted dry then season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 2. Once sizzling hot, place scallops in an even layer, shaking to make sure they don’t stick. Don’t move for 2-3 minutes, then flip them over. They should have a nice caramelized color. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes (ensuring each scallop has an opaque color), then transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and reduce heat to medium high. Add in the spinach, garlic, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until wilted, 4-5 minutes. Remove spinach from skillet and keep warm in a separate bowl.
- 4. Return skillet to heat and add in the butter and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- 5. Plate the scallops and spinach and drizzle with the lemon butter sauce. Serve with your favorite risotto recipe!