Traditional Pasta with Meatballs
Traditional Pasta with Meatballs- homemade meatballs in a chunky tomato sauce over angel hair pasta
This recipe contains beef (ground, chuck), **_pasta (angel hair), eggs, milk, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, parsley (fresh), garlic powder, black pepper, cheese (parmesan, grated), tomato sauce
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 lb. lean ground chuck
- 1/2 lb. angel hair pasta (use rice pasta for gluten-free version)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cup(s) canned chunky tomato sauce
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, begin meatballs. Combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, pepper and cheese in a large bowl. Mix with hands.
- 3. Roll into meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball. Cook meatballs in a large, nonstick skillet until browned on each side, about 6 minutes.
- 4. Drain skillet and place meatballs and tomato sauce in it. Bring sauce to a boil, then lower the heat and cook until meatballs are thoroughly cooked to 160° F, about 15 minutes.
- 5. Remove from heat and serve pasta immediately.