Traditional Pasta with Meatballs
Traditional Pasta with Meatballs- homemade meatballs in a chunky tomato sauce over angel hair pasta
This recipe contains beef (ground, chuck), pasta (angel hair), eggs, milk, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, parsley (fresh), garlic powder, black pepper, cheese (parmesan, grated), tomato sauce
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 lb. lean ground chuck
- 1/2 lb. angel hair pasta (use rice pasta for gluten-free version)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cup(s) canned chunky tomato sauce
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. While pasta is cooking, begin meatballs. Combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, pepper and cheese in a large bowl. Mix with hands.
- 3. Roll into meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball. Cook meatballs in a large, nonstick skillet until browned on each side, about 6 minutes.
- 4. Drain skillet and place meatballs and tomato sauce in it. Bring sauce to a boil, then lower the heat and cook until meatballs are thoroughly cooked to 160° F, about 15 minutes.
- 5. Remove from heat and serve pasta immediately.