Need an idea for a party appetizer? This homemade hummus is a great quick and easy idea.
This recipe contains chickpeas, fresh garlic, tahini, olive oil (extra virgin), salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, carrots
2 - 4 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
- 1 cup(s) chickpeas
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) tahini (sesame puree)
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 ds. cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 ds. paprika, for garnish
- carrot sticks, for serving
- 1. Place chickpeas in a food processor, reserving a few for garnish. Add the garlic, tahini, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper to the food processor. Puree until smooth.
- 2. Add water, tablespoon by tablespoon, to get an extra creamy consistency (you should need less than ¼ cup in total) Scrape down the sides of the food processor, and puree for 1 to 2 additional minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- 3. If not serving immediately, store in a container with a lid in the refrigerator. Otherwise, spoon onto a small round dish. Using the back of a spoon, make dents in the top and fill the dents with olive oil.
- 4. Sprinkle paprika and arrange remaining chickpeas on the top. Serve with carrot sticks.