Grilled Salmon with Spicy Pomegranate Orange Glaze
Spicy, sweet grilled salmon.
This recipe contains XXXXX, juice (orange), juice (pomegranate), ginger (fresh), garlic (fresh), crushed red pepper, honey, thyme (dried), oranges, XXXXX, fish (salmon), oil (vegetable), salt, black pepper, pomegranate seeds
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- FOR THE SPICY POMEGRANATE ORANGE GLAZE
- 1/3 cup(s) orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup(s) pomegranate juice
- 1 whole 1" piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove(s) garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
- FOR THE SALMON
- 4 whole salmon portions
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 ds. pomegranate seeds, garnish
- 1. In a small pot over medium-high heat, heat orange juice, pomegranate juice, ginger, garlic and chili flakes to a simmer; cook 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the honey, thyme, and orange zest.
- 3. Reduce mixture to 1/3 cup; about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Remove from heat and discard ginger, garlic, and thyme sprig. Divide glaze in half and set aside one half in a small bowl for serving.
- 5. Lightly oil a clean grill and preheat to medium high (375°F).
- 6. While the grill is heating, pat salmon thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- 7. Brush both sides of each portion with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8. Lay salmon flesh side down on the grill and cook, without moving, for 4 minutes.
- 9. Carefully flip salmon skin side down and brush well with remaining glaze.
- 10. Cook 2 minutes, then brush again with glaze. Cover grill and cook 1 minute.
- 11. Remove to a plate and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- 12. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, if using, and serve with reserved sauce on the side.