Sweet individual strawberry tarts in a flaky crust.
This recipe contains butter, cream cheese, flour, strawberries (fresh), water, sugar, cornstarch, oranges, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), shortening, whipped topping
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 3 cup(s) strawberries, whole
- 1 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/3 cup(s) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tsp. shortening
- 1 pkg(s) 8oz. whipped cream, for topping
- 1. Beat butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour. Divide dough into 16 pieces.
- 2. Press into 16 - 2 1/2 inch muffin cups, pressing dough onto the bottom and halfway up sides. Bake in 400 oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Remove tart shells from muffin cups.
- 3. For glaze, combine 3/4 cup of the strawberries and the water in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process till smooth. If necessary add enough additional water to make 3/4 cup.
- 4. Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in pureed strawberry mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is thickened. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in orange zest. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 5. Melt chocolate and shortening in a small saucepan. Drizzle chocolate mixture into the bottoms of the cooled tart shells. Cut any large berries in half. Arrange whole or cut strawberries, stem ends down in tart shells.
- 6. Spoon glaze over berries. Chill for 1 to 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.