Honey Jalapeño Deviled Eggs
This Honeyed Jalapeno Deviled Eggs recipe has just the right amount of heat combined with a subtle hint of sweetness. Serve them at your next gathering!
This recipe contains eggs, cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, white wine vinegar, mustard (dijon), salt, black pepper, xxxxx, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), honey, water
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 12 eggs (large)
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (I used Sriracha)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 - 3 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 3 ds. pepper to taste
- for the honeyed jalapeños
- 2 whole jalapenos, diced
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1. Place one dozen large eggs into the bottom of a Dutch oven.
- 2. Fill with 3-quarts of cold water and cook over high heat until the water temperature reaches 210 F. Once the water reaches 210 F, turn off the heat and cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and leave covered for 17 minutes. Remove the lid and carefully drain out the water.
- 3. Then, with the lid on the pot, carefully shake the pot, allowing the eggs to hit the sides of the pot, but not too hard. This will create little cracks and indents on the exterior of the eggs making them easier to peel.
- 4. Cover the eggs with cold water. Allow the eggs to sit in the cold water until they are cool enough to work with.
- 5. Remove all the yolks and transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cream cheese, mayo, hot sauce, ground cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6. Simply spoon the filling mixture back into the reserved egg whites or, if you want to be fancy, transfer filling to a piping bag and pipe the filling into each egg white. Garnish with honeyed jalapenos and red pepper flakes.
- 7. Honeyed Jalapenos:
Slice jalapenos and place them in a bowl. In a small saucepan, heat water and honey over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and pour simple syrup over the jalapeno slices. Allow to sit and cool.