Roast with fresh herbs
This recipe contains beef (chuck roast), olive oil (extra virgin), garlic (fresh), pepper, thyme (fresh), mustard powder, salt
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 hr 15 min
- 3 1/2 - 4 lb. steakhouse roast
- 1 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1. Preheat over to 250° F. Take a roasting pan and place on stovetop burner, setting temperature to medium-high. Add olive oil and garlic. Once pan is hot, sear roast on all sides (about 1 to 2 minutes each side).
- 2. Place roast, fat-side up, on a roasting rack in the center of the roasting pan.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix herbs together. Sprinkle seared roast with herb mixture.
- 4. Roast meat to a temperature of 135° F to 140° F for medium-rare or 140° F to 150° F for medium, as determined by an internal meat thermometer. (A typical cooking time is 25 to 30 minutes per pound.)
- 5. Remove roast from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.