Skillet Chicken Mac and Cheese
Skillet Chicken Mac and Cheese- made with precooked chicken, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
This recipe contains chicken (cooked), butter, flour, milk, cheese (mozzarella, shredded), cheese (parmesan, grated), pasta (elbow), bread crumbs
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 9 oz. precooked chicken breast, grilled
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. flour
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cup(s) cooked elbow macaroni (about 1/3 of a 16 oz. box)
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1. Whisk: Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and melt until it begins to bubble or foam. Whisk in flour and cook for 30 to 45 seconds. Then, whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Once milk begins to boil, remove from heat. Add in mozzarella and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, a handful at a time, until melted.
- 2. Stir: Stir in the cooked macaroni and the chicken until well combined.
- 3. Top: Top the macaroni mixture with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top of the cheese.
- 4. Broil and Serve: Turn broiler on low and place skillet under broiler. Broil until the cheese and breadcrumbs are browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.