Asian Salmon with Roasted Asparagus
Asian salmon with roasted asparagus and rice noodles.
This recipe contains fish (salmon), soy sauce (dark), sesame oil (toasted), dark brown sugar, rice vinegar, fresh garlic, ginger (ground), asparagus, rice noodles
3 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 1/4 lb. salmon
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 clove(s) garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pn. powdered ginger
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 pkg(s) 8oz. rice noodles
- 1. Whisk six ingredients (soy sauce through ginger) in a medium bowl. Place salmon in a glass baking dish skin-side down and pour marinade over top. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake 5 minutes, then add the salmon with the marinade to the oven as well and bake both an additional 10 - 12 minutes. Remove asparagus and salmon dishes from oven. Carefully pour marinade from the salmon dish into a small sauce pan. Preheat the broiler.Keep asparagus warm.
- 3. Return the salmon in its baking dish back to the oven under the broiler. Cook an additional five minutes or so, until salmon is nicely caramelized.
- 4. Meanwhile, bring marinade in the saucepan up to a slow simmer.Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Prep rice noodles according to package directions.
- 5. Plate noodles and asparagus, and top with salmon and drizzle of marinade. Serve immediately.