Vidalia Sweet Onion Sausage Casserole
Vidalia Sweet Onion Sausage Casserole- serve anytime of the day!
This recipe contains onions (vidalia/sweet), crackers (ritz), pork sausage, salt, seasoning salt, soup (cream of mushroom), cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), pimiento (diced)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 5 whole large vidalia sweet onions, sliced
- 12 whole ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 lb. pork sausage (browned in skillet and drained)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 can(s) 10.5oz. cream of mushroom soup
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese sharp or mild, grated
- 1 pkg(s) 4oz. small jar pimento pepper
- 1. Put a layer of onions in bottom of large rectangular baking dish, then add cracker crumbs and sausage meat.
- 2. Add another layer of onions, cream of mushroom soup, salt and seasoning salt.
- 3. Sprinkle layer of cheese and pimento pepper. Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 60 minutes.