Individual Chocolate Lava Cakes
Moist lava cakes with a gooey chocolate center.
This recipe contains chocolate (bittersweet, bar), eggs, heavy cream, unsalted butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cake flour, raspberries, whipped topping
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 15 min
- 6 oz. cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bars
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, yolks only
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) cake flour
- 1 pkg(s) raspberries, for garnish (optional)
- 1 pkg(s) 8oz. cool whip, for garnish (optional)
- 1. To make centers, melt 2 ounces of chocolate (1/2 a baking bar) and cream in double boiler. Whisk gently to blend.
- 2. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm. Form into 6 balls; refrigerate until needed.
- 3. To make cake, heat oven to 400°F. Spray six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray.
- 4. Melt 4 ounces of chocolate (1 baking bar) and butter in double boiler; whisk gently to blend.
- 5. With an electric mixer, whisk eggs, yolks, sugar, and vanilla on high speed about 5 minutes or until thick and light. Fold melted chocolate mixture and flour into egg mixture just until combined.
- 6. Spoon cake batter into ramekins. Place a chocolate ball in the middle of each ramekin. Bake about 15 minutes or until cake is firm to the touch. Let it sit out of the oven for about 5 minutes.
- 7. Run a small, sharp knife around inside of each ramekin, place a plate on top, invert and remove ramekin. Garnish with raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream.