Classic White Crème Brûlée
Crème Brûlée, a classic dessert that is great for the holidays.
This recipe contains chocolate (white), eggs, sugar, whipping cream, vanilla extract
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 4 oz. white chocolate baking bar
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°F. In medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until smooth.
- 2. In 2-quart saucepan, bring whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add white chocolate (chopped in small pieces) to simmering whipping cream.
- 3. Turn off heat and whisk until white chocolate is melted. Add white chocolate mixture to egg yolk mixture one tablespoon at a time, whisking continuously to prevent eggs from scrambling. Whisk until smooth.
- 4. Add vanilla. Pour into four ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in 13" x 9" baking pan or broiler pan. Add enough water so cups sit in 1 to 1 1/2 inch of water. Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- 5. Serve warm, at room temperature, or refrigerate overnight. **For a delicious crunchy surface: Sprinkle the tops of the crème brûlée with 1 teaspoon of sugar and place under broiler until caramelized.