Grilled Chicken and Fennel With a Honey Balsamic Glaze
Super healthy, low carb but completely satisfying! I was never a fan of fennel until now and I'm so glad to finally get on board! Also, this balsamic glaze is out of this world and you'll find yourself putting it on everything!
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), fennel bulb, balsamic vinegar, honey, thyme (fresh), olive oil (extra virgin), butter, cheese (parmesan), salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or thighs
- 2 whole fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 - 3 ds. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 - 2 oz. parmesan
- 3 - 4 ds. salt
- 3 - 4 ds. pepper
- 1. Clean and slice fennel lengthwise, about 1/2 in thick. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Grill on each side until soft and tender about 10-20 minutes. Remove from Grill and garnish with shaved parmesan cheese.
- 3. Meanwhile, In a small saucepan add balsamic vinegar and thyme sprig. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in honey, and continue to simmer until the gaze has reduced and coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- 4. Season chicken with salt and pepper, place on a hot grill to cook, flipping once. When chicken reaches proper doneness (about 5 minutes on each side), baste generously with honey balsamic glaze.
- 5. Serve chicken with grilled fennel, grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of the honey balsamic glaze. Enjoy!