Weight Watchers Butternut Squash Bisque
Butternut squash lends a rich, thick sweetness to this filling bisque. An immersion blender makes easy work of pureeing the soup in the pot - no need to transfer it to a blender in batches.
This recipe contains unsalted butter, onions, salt (kosher), fresh garlic, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, butternut squash, chicken stock (low sodium), greek yogurt (non-fat), light brown sugar, sage (fresh), black pepper, crackers (wasa)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 pn. nutmeg
- 1 pn. cayenne pepper
- 4 lb. butternut squash, cubed
- 4 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. plain low fat greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. sage, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pkg(s) serve with crackers
- 1. Heat butter in a large nonstick soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2. Add garlic, nutmeg and cayenne; stir and cook 1 minute. Add squash and broth; bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until squash is soft, about 30 minutes; stir in yogurt and sugar.
- 4. Remove from heat and puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or puree in a regular blender in batches). Serve garnished with fresh sage and black pepper.