BBQ Chicken Empanadas
This recipe contains chicken (cooked), cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), barbecue sauce, onions (green/spring), jalapenos, biscuits, eggs
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 9 oz. cooked, chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 4 tbsp. green onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 16 oz. jumbo refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Chop the chicken strips into 1-inch pieces.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the chopped chicken, shredded cheese, barbecue sauce, green onions and chopped jalapeno pepper.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 4 1/2 - inch round. Brush the edges of the biscuit with the egg wash mixture. Dollop a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture into the center of the biscuit round. Fold half of the dough over the filling, creating a half-moon shape. Use a fork to crimp and seal the edges of the biscuit. Place the empanadas on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with the remaining egg mixture.
- 4. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.