Pan Seared Salmon with Spring Mix Salad
For a fast, light, and healthy weeknight meal, try this pan-seared salmon with a spring mix salad tossed in a red wine vinaigrette.
This recipe contains fish (salmon), vegetable oil, salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked), XXXXX, cucumbers (english), bell peppers (red), bell peppers (yellow), tomatoes (cherry), baby spring mix, XXXXX, red wine vinegar, olive oil (extra virgin), parsley (italian), ,
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 - 3 ds. kosher salt
- 2 - 3 ds. fresh cracked black pepper
- FOR THE SALAD
- 1 whole english cucumber, sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1 pkg(s) package spring mix
- THE DRESSING
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1. For the Salmon:
- 2. Cut salmon into 6oz fillets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon fillets and cook until a golden crust is formed, about 3-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness), turning once. Salmon is done when it easily flakes. Set aside.
- 4. Spring Mix Salad:
- 5. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens with sliced cucumber, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- 6. In a small bowl whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 7. Add just enough dressing to coat the salad while tossing. Serve with salmon fillets.