Pan Seared Salmon with Spring Mix Salad
For a fast, light, and healthy weeknight meal, try this pan-seared salmon with a spring mix salad tossed in a red wine vinaigrette.
This recipe contains fish (salmon), vegetable oil, salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked), cucumbers (english), bell peppers (red), yellow bell peppers, tomatoes (cherry), baby spring mix, , red wine vinegar, olive oil (extra virgin), parsley (italian), , ,
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 lb. lbs salmon
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- black pepper
- 1 whole english cucumber, sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes, for salad
- 1 pkg(s) package spring mix, for salad
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1. For the Salmon:
- 2. Cut salmon into 6oz fillets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon fillets and cook until a golden crust is formed, about 3-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness), turning once. Salmon is done when it easily flakes. Set aside.
- 4. Spring Mix Salad:
- 5. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens with sliced cucumber, bell peppers, and tomatoes.
- 6. In a small bowl whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 7. Add just enough dressing to coat the salad while tossing. Serve with salmon fillets.