BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
This recipe has everything that makes quesadillas a Tex-Mex favorite, plus the goodness of Uncle Ben's whole grain brown rice.
This recipe contains rice (brown), chicken breasts (boneless skinless), kidney beans, cheese (cheddar, shredded), barbecue sauce, tortillas (wheat)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup(s) whole grain brown rice
- 3 cup(s) chicken breast, diced
- 1 can(s) 15.5oz. kidney beans
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 1 pkg(s) 12.7oz. whole grain tortillas
- 1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
- 2. In a large sauté pan heat chicken and beans with BBQ sauce.
- 3. When rice is cooked, add to chicken and bean mixture. Mix well and add more barbeque sauce if desired.
- 4. Assemble quesadillas by sprinkling cheddar cheese onto 3 tortillas.
- 5. Top cheese with chicken mixture. Spread out evenly and finish each with additional cheddar cheese.
- 6. Top each quesadilla with another tortilla. Set aside.
- 7. Toast quesadillas one at a time in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- 8. Cook until tortillas are browned on both sides and cheese has melted, being careful when flipping.
- 9. Serve one half quesadilla per person.