Classic Rice Pudding
Here’s a delicious way for your family to enjoy a classic! This all-American dessert recipe is the perfect way to bring every great meal to a yummy finish. It’s so good, your family will even enjoy it as a snack!
This recipe contains rice (white), water, sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, butter, vanilla extract, eggs, cinnamon (ground)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1/3 cup(s) original converted brand rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cup(s) milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 ds. cinnamon or raisins (optional)
- 1. Combine rice and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes, or until rice is very tender and most of water is absorbed.
- 2. In separate bowl combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- 3. Add milk and sugar mixture to rice. Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 4. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- 5. Slowly stir about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture into beaten egg yolks in a bowl.
- 6. Blend into remaining mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat
- 7. Serve warm or chilled, plain or with cinnamon and/or raisins.