Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies
The trick to these treats is melted chocolate – piping spooky spider legs onto the chocolate chips takes these cookies from cute to creepy!
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, water, vanilla extract, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) butter
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg(s) 12oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, water and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture; mix until creamy. Add 6 ounces chocolate chips.
- 3. Using a rounded tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 4. When the cookies come out of the oven, push 3 chips into each warm cookie, point side down. Leave room between chips to pipe chocolate spider legs. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- 5. Melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave, in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval. Place piping bag upright into an empty drinking glass. Carefully pour melted chocolate into the piping bag. Allow to sit for a few minutes so it is not too hot to handle. Cut small tip off of the piping bag. Twist the top of bag closed; pipe spider legs on both sides of each chocolate chip on top of cookies.
Allow the chocolate to cool completely before serving or storing.