Barilla Penne with Butternut Squash
Penne pasta with roasted butternut squash with sage hazelnut brown butter; a sweet and savory combo that is great for dinner!
This recipe contains pasta (penne), butternut squash, sage (fresh), sea salt, black pepper, olive oil (extra virgin), butter, hazelnuts
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. barilla penne
- 4 cup(s) butternut squash, diced 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 ds. sea salt to taste
- 1 ds. black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
- 2. Toss squash with olive oil and place on nonstick baking sheet.
- 3. Roast squash for 20-25 minutes, until browned and fork tender.
- 4. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm in large saucepan.
- 5. Add roasted squash to pasta and toss well to combine.
- 6. Brown butter in skillet over medium heat to hazelnut color, remove from heat.
- 7. Add sage and hazelnuts to brown butter and immediately spoon over pasta.