Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan and Chives
A light, healthier alternative to mashed potatoes.
This recipe contains cauliflower, chicken stock (low sodium), cheese (parmesan, shredded), fresh chives, salt (kosher), pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 whole small heads cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh chives, chopped
- 1 - 2 ds. salt to taste
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine the cauliflower and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender, but not completely falling apart.
- 2. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower to a food processor and puree until silky smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan and chopped chives and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm.