A classic cranberry side gets layers of extra flavor in this recipe, which features spices and dried fruit. *Canning jars are needed for this recipe*
This recipe contains cranberries, raisins (golden), water, sugar, cider vinegar, prunes, ginger (ground), cinnamon (ground)
10 - 12 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 lb. fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup(s) golden raisins
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1 cup(s) pitted prunes, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1. Wash cranberries; remove any stems.
- 2. In a large, heavy kettle or Dutch oven, add cranberries and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil; cook rapidly for about 10 minutes. Skim when necessary and stir often.
- 3. Ladle into hot, sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Place lids on jars and tighten screw bands. Place jars on rack in pot of simmering water, making sure jars are completely covered by water. Bring to rolling boil. Boil for 15 minutes; cool. Carefully remove jars from water. Check for proper seal.