Spaghetti with tomato basil sauce and Italian sausage.
This recipe contains pasta (spaghetti), sausage (italian, ground), wine (red), basil (fresh), sauce (tomato basil), crushed red pepper, cheese (parmigiano-reggiano)
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine
- 10 whole basil leaves, cut into strips
- 1 pkg(s) 24oz. tomato basil sauce
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 2 oz. parmesan reggiano cheese
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook sausage and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 6 minutes, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat.
- 2. Add wine and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes. Add sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Cook Spaghetti according to package directions. Drain pasta and immediately add hot Spaghetti to sauce. Mix well. Add cheese and basil; toss lightly. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl.