Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
These Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Pancakes are so easy and fast you will want to make them every weekend.
This recipe contains applesauce (unsweetened), almond milk, vanilla extract, eggs, flour (whole wheat), brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup(s) almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- maple syrup (optional)
- 1. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon set aside. In a medium bowl combine the milk, apple sauce, eggs and vanilla and whisk well. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. Let this mixture sit for 10 minutes to an hour, it will rise and fluff up a little.
- 2. Heat a griddle or large skillet on medium, spray with cooking spray and using a ladle pour your pancakes, once they bubble all over it is time to flip. Never squish down only flip once, good pancakes are fluffy because they have been treated with care.
- 3. Serve with all natural maple syrup (adds 53 cals per tbsp)