Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
Skinny turkey taco bowls are served with cauliflower rice for a healthy, low carb and flavorful meal that can be prepped ahead of time for your weekly meal prep.
This recipe contains fresh garlic, onions, olive oil, turkey ground, taco seasoning, black beans, whole kernel corn, tomatoes, avocados, cheese (cheddar, sharp, shredded), fresh cilantro, , olive oil (extra virgin), cauliflower (riced), salt (kosher), black pepper (cracked)
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/2 whole small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 pkg(s) packet light taco seasoning
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 1/4 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 whole large tomatoes, diced
- 1 whole large avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cup(s) raw cauliflower rice
- 1. In a large skillet add garlic, onion and oil. Bring pan to medium high heat.
- 2. Stir and cook until onions are halfway done and aroma of the garlic has been released. Add in ground turkey and cook until browned.
- 3. Add in taco seasoning packet and water amount specified in instructions.
- 4. Stir the seasoning into the ground turkey mixture and cook until turkey is completely cooked.
- 5. In a separate skillet, prepare the cauliflower rice by adding in oil and bring to medium high heat.
- 6. Add in cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper as needed. Cook until cauliflower is tender.
- 7. When rice and turkey have cooled, you can package into your meal prep containers. First, divide the cauliflower rice evenly across four containers.
- 8. Add ground turkey to one side of each of the containers.
- 9. Then add rows of corn, black beans and tomatoes. You can also add avocado now or you can wait until day of eating if you don't want your avocado to brown.
- 10. Sprinkle cheese across or add as another row. Garnish with cilantro. You can also add lime wedges to squeeze on right before eating.