Cold Soba Noodle Salad
This popular Japanese cold soba salad is perfect for summer!
This recipe contains soba noodles, sesame oil, soy sauce, mirin, sugar, fresh ginger, wasabi paste, radishes, shredded carrots, scallions, nori, black sesame seeds
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1 lb. buckwheat noodles
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) mirin
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp. wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup(s) radish, shredded
- 1 cup(s) carrots, shredded
- 1 whole bunch of green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 - 3 slice(s) sheets of nori, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Cook noodles in salted water. Rinse and coat with a little oil to keep from sticking. Set aside.
- 2. Mix together sesame oil, ginger, mirin, sugar, wasabi and soy sauce. Pour over noodles and refrigerate, allowing the sauce to be soaked up by the noodles at least 1 hour.
- 3. To serve, toss or garnish noodles with shredded radish, carrots, green onion, nori, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!