Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
This classic Japanese street food is a perfect way to enjoy your game day or backyard BBQ!
This recipe contains chicken thighs, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, skewers
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) mirin
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 - 8 wooden skewers
- 1. Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- 2. In a bowl combine soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and brown sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Add chicken to marinade and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or overnight. Soak skewers in water while chicken is marinating.
- 4. Heat grill to medium and grease generously. Skewer chicken, evenly divided between 6-8 skewers.
- 5. Place skewers on hot grill, cook a total of 10-15 minutes, turn once during cooking. Serve immediately.