Weight Watchers Chocolate Muffins
Everything you’d expect – moist crumbly cake with lots of chocolaty goodness. Sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt for an unexpected flavor contrast.
This recipe contains eggs, chocolate (bittersweet, bar), all purpose White Flour, cooking spray, baking powder, baking soda, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, sugar, powdered sugar, water, salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 9 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 cup(s) hot water, almost boiling
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners or coat pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3. Using an electric mixer, in another large bowl, beat granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and somewhat fluffy.
- 4. Melt butter and chocolate in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly, so it doesn’t burn.
- 5. With electric mixer running on slow, pour warm chocolate mixture into eggs until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture and hot water, alternating in batches, until just combined.
- 6. Pour batter into muffin holes about 2/3s full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes and then remove cupcakes from pan to cool completely. Once cool, dust with powdered sugar