Weight Watchers Chocolate Muffins
Everything you’d expect – moist crumbly cake with lots of chocolaty goodness. Sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt for an unexpected flavor contrast.
This recipe contains eggs, chocolate (bittersweet, bar), flour (all-purpose), cooking spray, baking powder, baking soda, butter (unsalted), vanilla extract, sugar, sugar (powdered, confectioners), water, salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 9 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 cup(s) hot water, almost boiling
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners or coat pan with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3. Using an electric mixer, in another large bowl, beat granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and somewhat fluffy.
- 4. Melt butter and chocolate in a double-boiler over very low heat, stirring constantly, so it doesn’t burn.
- 5. With electric mixer running on slow, pour warm chocolate mixture into eggs until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture and hot water, alternating in batches, until just combined.
- 6. Pour batter into muffin holes about 2/3s full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes and then remove cupcakes from pan to cool completely. Once cool, dust with powdered sugar