Cinnamon Raisin Baked French Toast
Delicious cinnamon raisin bread french toast with a crumb-like topping. Great for a crowd.
This recipe contains bread (cinnamon raisin), butter, eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, butter, flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, raisins, butter, maple syrup
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 1 hr
- 24 oz. cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 tbsp. butter, for greasing pan
- 8 eggs
- 2 cup(s) milk, whole
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 4 oz. stick of butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 4 tbsp. softened butter, for serving
- 4 oz. warm maple syrup, for serving
- 1. Unwrap the loaves of bread, then overlap the slices in rows in a well-buttered baking dish.
- 2. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, then pour the mixture evenly over all the pieces of bread, soaking the bread as much as possible.
To make the topping, combine the butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and cut it all together with a pastry cutter. Stir in the raisins.
- 3. Sprinkle the topping all over the casserole. Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate it for several hours or overnight.
- 4. When you’re ready to bake the French toast, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the French toast for 45 minutes to 1 hour for a softer texture, or longer for a firmer, crisper texture. Cover with foil for the first 30 minute of baking, then remove it for the remaining baking time.
- 5. Serve individual helpings with butter and warm syrup