White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
Lightly sweetened with dried cranberries and glazed with white chocolate, White Chocolate Cranberry Scones are a festive—and tasty—holiday treat.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, heavy cream, cranberries (dried), chocolate (white, chips), XXXXX, chocolate (white, chips), heavy cream
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, frozen and grated
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) white chocolate chips
- FOR THE GLAZE (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup(s) white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Freeze butter for at least 15-20 minutes, then grate using a four-sided box grater. Add butter to flour mixture and stir together with a fork.
- 3. Make a well and pour in whipping cream, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Stir until moistened most of the flour mixture is moistened. Using your hands, press the mixture together in the bowl, then dump onto a pastry board or wax paper.
- 4. Gently press dough together and form into a 10-inch by 5-inch log. Using a dough cutter or sharp knife, cut into four equal pieces. Cut each piece diagonally (this will form a total of 8 triangle shaped scones).
- 5. Place scones onto a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 6. To make the glaze, place 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals at 50% power, stirring between each setting until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over scones and sprinkle with additional dried cranberries, if desired.