Pineapple Mango Green Sorbet
A healthy pineapple-mango sorbet with spinach.
(On page 53 of Lose Weight by Eating: Detox Week.)
Get the cookbook today! www.loseweightbyeating.com
This recipe contains mango (frozen), pineapple (frozen), spinach (baby), milk (almond, unsweetened),
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 3 hr
- 10 oz. frozen mango chunks
- 3 cup(s) frozen pineapple chunks
- 3 cup(s) baby spinach
- 2 cup(s) unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1. Hardest thing about this recipe? Clearing out a spot in your freezer! You must have enough flat space on which to place a filled gallon-size bag.
- 2. Place the mango, pineapple, spinach, and coconut milk in a blender and pulse. When the mixture starts moving, blend on medium speed until you have a smooth sorbet base.
- 3. Pour the sorbet into a gallon-size freezer bag and press out as much air as you can without spilling the sorbet all over the counter. Seal and place flat in the freezer for 1 hour.
- 4. Remove from the freezer and use a rolling pin to very carefully squish and break up the frozen chunks. Repeat this two more times: Freeze for 1 hour, squish. Freeze for 1 hour, squish.
- 5. Serve the sorbet or transfer it to an airtight container and pack it down well, then cover and freeze for later use. The sorbet will keep for up to 3 months.