Broccoli Salad with Cranberries and Gorgonzola
This sweet and savory broccoli salad is easy to make and loaded with flavor! Serve it as a side or have it as a meal for lunch!
This recipe contains , broccoli crowns, eggs, onions (red), cranberries (dried), sunflower seeds, , cheese (gorgonzola), bacon, mayonnaise, honey, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper
8 - 10 Servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 5 cup(s) broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 1 cup(s) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup(s) gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup(s) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli florets for 1 minute (just to cook out the rawness, but should still be crunchy).
- 2. Immediate cool broccoli in an ice bath (shock), and drain. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- 3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, combine salad ingredients. Add dressing to salad and mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour.