Barilla Angel Hair with Lemon Shrimp and Asparagus
Angel hair pasta with sautéed lemon shrimp, red bell peppers and asparagus in a light cream sauce; topped with parmigiano-reggiano cheese.
This recipe contains pasta (angel hair), olive oil (extra virgin), bell peppers (red), asparagus, shrimp, half & half, crushed red pepper, lemons, cheese (parmesan, grated), salt
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled deveined
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 1 whole juice and zest from a lemon
- 1 oz. parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add asparagus; boil for 30 seconds.
- 2. Drain; rinse under cold water and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, shrimp, red pepper and red pepper flakes; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in half-and-half and salt. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Juice lemon to yield 2 tablespoons lemon juice and grate lemon peel to yield 2 teaspoons lemon zest. Add shrimp mixture to hot pasta; toss.
- 6. Add lemon juice and lemon zest; toss. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with cheese and serve.