Curried Chicken and Rice
Curry chicken and rice is always my go to, especially when I have leftover rice or rotisserie chicken. Chances are you, have the few necessary ingredients. Feel free to substitute quinoa for brown rice, it would only add 5-10 more minutes to your cook time.
This recipe contains rice (brown, instant), chicken (rotisserie), peas (green, frozen), curry powder, apricots (dried), olive oil, salt, pepper
4 - 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 cup(s) instant brown rice
- 1 - 2 cup(s) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup(s) dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1. Cook rice according to packaged directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 3. Add curry powder and dried apricots, stirring for 2 minutes.
- 4. Increase heat and add chicken and rice, stirring to coat about 5 minutes.
- 5. Stir in peas and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.