Chicken Pesto Melts
Chicken Pesto melts made on gluten-free bread with red onions, spinach, and havarti cheese.
This recipe contains , chicken breasts (boneless skinless), pesto, rice vinegar, salt, sugar, , bread (gluten-free), pesto, mayonnaise, cheese (havarti), onions (red), spinach (fresh)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- for the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half, length-wise to make thin
- 1/2 cup(s) pesto
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- for the sandwiches
- 8 slice(s) whole grain, gluten-free bread
- 1/4 cup(s) pesto
- 1/4 cup(s) mayo, plus more for spreading on bread
- 4 slice(s) havarti cheese
- 1/2 whole red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 - 4 cup(s) fresh spinach
- 1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add cauliflower. Cook 5-8 minutes (depending on size) until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and pepper.
- 3. Stir cauliflower into cream cheese mixture. Add pickled jalapenos, green onions, shredded cheese, crumbled bacon and chopped cilantro.
- 4. Season to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.