Apple Streusel French Toast Bake
This french toast bake is the perfect fall breakfast with its combination of apple cobbler and cinnamon-y french toast! It is great for crowds during the holidays too!
This recipe contains XXXXX, butter, sugar (light brown), flour (all-purpose), cinnamon (ground), pecans (chopped), XXXXX, eggs, whipping cream, flour (all-purpose), cinnamon (ground), nutmeg, vanilla extract, cinnamon rolls, pie filling (apple)
12 - 16 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecans
- FOR THE FRENCH TOAST
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 24 4/5 oz. can(s) flaky cinnamon rolls (2-12.5oz)
- 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- 1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
- 2. Cut each vegetable in half lengthwise and remove the core and seeds. Season the insides with salt and pepper.
- 3. Sauté the onion in the butter until soft and lightly colored. Mix the onion together with the remaining ingredients and stuff this mixture into the vegetables.
- 4. Bake in a foil-covered casserole dish at 375º F for 40-50 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- 5. Remove the foil, top with the remaining Jarlsberg, and bake a further 15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.