I love every type of curry there is, I even crave it during the heat of summer. This recipe is incredibly easy and fast! I love making extra because the sauce is even better the next day!
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), onions, butter, garlic, curry powder, soy sauce, honey, coconut milk, tomatoes (diced) (fire roasted), cilantro, rice (basmati), olive oil, salt
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 20 oz. chicken breast, bite size pieces
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 - 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 can(s) 14oz. coconut milk
- 1 can(s) 14oz. fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro
- 2 cup(s) basmati rice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1. Cook basmati rice according to package directions. Once cooked, add 1 tablespoon of butter, season with salt and fluff with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onions and curry powder. Cook for 3-5 minutes until onions are cooked through.
- 3. Add the rest of the butter and garlic and continue to cook for a couple minutes.
- 4. Add chicken and soy sauce and cook till chicken is no longer pink, about 1-2 minutes.
- 5. Puree fire roasted tomatoes. Add coconut milk, tomato puree and honey to the chicken.
- 6. Cook about 10-15 minutes, uncovered, until sauce thickens.
- 7. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.