Healthy Avocado Egg Salad
This 3-ingredient egg salad is delicious, fast, healthy and great way to start your day! Full of protein and healthy fats, this is ideal as a meal or snack. Don't let the hot sauce scare you, I use it more as a flavored vinegar (rather than spice), much like the flavor you'd get from mayonnaise.
This recipe contains eggs, avocados, hot sauce, salt, black pepper, baguette, tomatoes
2 - 4 Servings
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 - 5 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 whole large avocado, ripe
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 - 2 pn. salt
- 1 - 2 pn. pepper
- 1 whole baguette, sliced into 4-6 slices
- 1 whole tomato, sliced for topping (optional)
- 1. In a pot over high heat, cover eggs with cold water, bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, run under cold water and peel shells.
- 2. In a medium size bowl, mash together eggs and avocado.
- 3. Stir in 1 tbsp of hot sauce (it acts as a flavored vinegar that you'd taste in mayonnaise) or 2 teaspoons for less heat.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on toast and top with tomato, in a wrap or simply on it's own. Enjoy!