Veggie Skillet Recipe
I created this delicious Metabolism Boosting Veggie Skillet this on a whim because I was tired of my usual baked potato lunch and I wanted something new. I found this surprisingly filling dish can be served many different ways. Make it as directed below for a lunch or side dish, add eggs for a breakfast scramble skillet or some leftover chicken for a one skillet dinner.
This recipe contains potatoes, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), onions (red), corn (frozen), beans (black), garlic, olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, greek yogurt, hot sauce
1 - 2 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 whole potatoes, cut into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1 whole jalapeño, chopped-seeds and ribs removed
- 1/2 whole red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup(s) black beans
- 1 clove(s) garlic, smashed but still in tact
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 oz. greek yogurt, for topping (optional)
- 4 - 5 ds. hot sauce, for topping (optional)
- 1. In a large skillet heat the oil on medium high and add in the potatoes and garlic, stir often until potatoes start to brown about 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove the garlic clove and discard, add in the onions and jalapeno and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- 3. Once the onions are soft and starting to brown reduce to low and add in the corn and beans, stir often until all is heated up about another 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove skillet from heat, top with cilantro… want to eat right out of the skillet? Why not!?!? Enjoy and dig in, top with Greek yogurt and your favorite hot sauce.