Barilla Spicy Rotini with Asparagus
A tasty gluten free pasta with asparagus, pecorino cheese and barilla spicy marinara sauce.
This recipe contains pasta (rotini), asparagus, parsley (fresh), salt, pepper, pasta sauce, olive oil (extra virgin), cheese (pecorino)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 pkg(s) 16oz. rotini, gluten free if preferred
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 ds. salt to taste
- 1 ds. pepper to taste
- 1 pkg(s) 24oz. spicy marina sauce (or regular if you don't like spicy)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté the asparagus in olive oil until slightly brown about 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Add the Barilla Spicy Marinara Sauce and ½ cup of water, simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and toss with the sauce.
- 5. Top with chopped parsley and grated Pecorino Romano cheese