Chickpea, Avocado & Feta Salad
This light, healthy dish makes for a great side, snack, or lunch.
This recipe contains chickpeas, cucumbers (english), tomatoes (grape), avocados, cheese (feta), onions (red), red wine vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper (cracked), olives (black)
Prep time: 15 min
- 2 can(s) 15oz. chickpeas
- 1 whole large cucumber- I prefer an English cucumber if available
- 6 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 whole avocados
- 1/2 cup(s) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 cup(s) red onion, diced
- 2 - 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 - 2 ds. olive oil, drizzle
- 2 - 3 ds. sea salt
- 2 - 3 ds. fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. black olives (optional)
- 1. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then pour into a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Dice cucumber, tomatoes, and onion; add to bowl of chickpeas.
- 3. Cut avocado into bite size pieces and add to bowl. Add feta. If you are using black olives, add them now.
- 4. Add red wine vinegar, drizzle with desired amount of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix ingredients with a rubber spatula and serve. You may refrigerate before serving if you wish.
**If you prefer more or less of any of the above ingredients, by all means add or take away. I play around with this recipe all the time.**