Weight Watchers Lemon Bars
These bars will certainly make your mouth pucker! They're tart yet sweet - perfect for your next casual gathering.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), sugar (light brown), butter, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar (powdered, confectioners), lemons, lemons
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
- 8 tbsp. butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup(s) powdered sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. To make crust, mix flour and light brown sugar using a food processor until fully incorporated. Toss butter into flour mixture and pulse to combine using short bursts of power until butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and dough appears lumpy. Sprinkle crust mixture onto an ungreased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan as evenly as possible; press down with a spatula to create a packed surface. Place crust in middle of oven and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, to make lemon topping, beat eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Add vanilla extract and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar; mix well. Add lemon juice and remaining powdered sugar; mix until powdered sugar is completely dissolved and then add zest.
- 4. As soon as crust is finished, remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust. Bake completely, about 30 minutes; cool, and cut into 24 bars.