Peach Tart Tatin
It's peach season and if you like peach cobbler, you'll love this recipe! This recipe include a scratch made dough and it makes enough for about 2 tart tatins. You can cut the recipe in half or freeze the remaining dough so you can make this dessert in just 30 minutes next time!
This recipe contains , flour (cake), flour (all-purpose), unsalted butter, milk, sugar, salt, , peaches, sugar, unsalted butter
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 5 oz. cake flour
- 5 oz. all-purpose flour
- 7 oz. cold unsalted butter, sliced
- 3 1/2 - 4 oz. cold milk
- 1/2 oz. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 10 - 12 oz. peaches
- 1 1/2 oz. sugar
- 2 oz. unsalted butter
- 1. Dough:
Using a food processor, combine flour, butter, salt and sugar. Pulse until the size of small peas.
- 2. Add cold milk while pulsing. The mixture is ready when you pinch some of the crumbly dough together with your fingers and it holds together.
- 3. Carefully empty the crumbly dough mixture from the food processor. Gather the mixture in a mound and push down on the dough crumbles a few times, don't over knead.
- 4. Form discs, about 6 oz each. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate the one you will be using and freeze the other.
- 5. Meanwhile, peel, pit and quarter peaches.
- 6. Using an 8 inch, oven safe skillet, melt butter and cover with an even layer of sugar.
- 7. Arrange peaches on sugar, rounded sides down, in a circular motion.
- 8. Place skillet over medium-high heat and cook until butter melts, sugar dissolves and begins to caramelize about 10 minutes.
- 9. While peaches cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 10. Meanwhile, remove crust disk from the refrigerator, sprinkle work surface with flour and roll pie dough to an 8 inch circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
- 11. Place crust over peaches and tuck in edges around the peaches.
- 12. Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, about 17-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 13. Place a plate over the top of the pan and carefully invert to release tart from the pan. Enjoy!