A casserole dish of seasonal vegetables that is so easy to prepare. It can be made a day ahead - just reheat before serving. Lemon juice can be substituted for balsamic vinegar, and you can use baking potatoes if you don't have any Yukon Golds on hand.
This recipe contains squash (butternut), bell peppers (red), sweet potatoes, potatoes (yukon gold), onions (red), thyme (fresh), rosemary (fresh), olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt (kosher), black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1 whole small butternut squash, cubed
- 2 whole red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 whole sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 whole yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 whole red onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the squash, red bell peppers, sweet potato, and Yukon Gold potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
- 4. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.